- For US Healthcare Professionals Only
Missing Doses of Oral Antipsychotics Can Contribute to Repeated Relapse
With Each Relapse Comes the Risk of Losing the Progress That You Have Made Together
Growing evidence supports use of
long-acting injectable (LAI) antipsychotics for schizophrenia in adults
On average, adult patients* are treated on 4 different oral antipsychotic regimens before starting on their first LAI antipsychotic1
*From Janssen-sponsored market research, a total of 620 patient charts were collected from 161 healthcare providers (HCPs) from August 22 through September 12, 2016. Key screening criteria included: must have seen at least 30 individual patients with schizophrenia during the past 3 months, must have treated at least 1 patient with 1 of the 5 specified LAIs in the past 3 months, and should have been in practice for a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 35 years.
"I was not med compliant. So the doctor said there just had to be something that we could do differently."
Do You See Patients Like This in Your Practice?
Clinically unstable or history of relapse
- Struggles to take daily medication consistently
- Currently has, or has recently had, inadequately controlled symptoms
- Accepts the need to take medication
- Tolerates oral risperidone or paliperidone
With INVEGA SUSTENNA®, You Can be Confident Patients Receive 1 Month of Medication3*
- INVEGA SUSTENNA® initiation regimen allowed patients to stay in a median exposure window of 6 mg-12 mg extended-release oral paliperidone
- Correlation to clinical effect has not been established
- No oral supplementation required during initiation
- Due to the difference in median pharmacokinetic profiles between INVEGA SUSTENNA® and oral INVEGA® (paliperidone) tablets, use caution when directly comparing their pharmacokinetic properties3
*After both initiation doses.
†Both initiation doses must be delivered in the deltoid muscle.
References: 1. Data on file. Chart Review. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Titusville, NJ. 2016. 2. National Alliance on Mental Illness. What is Schizophrenia? Published November 15, 2013. Accessed September 14, 2022. https://www.nami.org/About-Mental-Illness/Mental-Health-Conditions/Schizophrenia
3. INVEGA SUSTENNA® [Prescribing Information]. Titusville, NJ: Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; July 2022. 4. Samtani MN, et al. Dosing and switching strategies for paliperidone palmitate: based on population pharmacokinetic modelling and clinical trial data. CNS Drugs. 2011;25(10):829-845. doi:10.2165/11591690-000000000-00000