Fully Initiate INVEGA SUSTENNA® for Schizophrenia in 7 Days
With 2 Initiation Doses—With No Oral Supplementation1
Initiating INVEGA SUSTENNA®
- Both initiation doses must be given in the deltoid muscle
- For patients who have not taken oral paliperidone, oral risperidone, or injectable risperidone, establish tolerability first
- Previous oral antipsychotics can be discontinued at the time of initiation of treatment with INVEGA SUSTENNA®
- To avoid a missed dose, patients may be given the second initiation dose within a ±4-day flexible window
Monthly Maintenance Doses
The first monthly maintenance dose* should be administered 5 weeks after the first injection (regardless of the timing of the second injection)
- To avoid a missed dose, monthly maintenance doses may be given within a ±7-day flexible window
- Utilizing the maintenance dosing window to help avoid missed doses should be considered the exception rather than the rule
*The recommended maintenance dose for the treatment of schizophrenia is 117 mg. Patients may benefit from flexible maintenance dosing options within the available strengths.
- Each injection must be administered by a healthcare professional
- Select the appropriate needle size depending on the patient’s weight and injection location
- Shake the prefilled syringe for at least 10 seconds before administering
Reference: 1. INVEGA SUSTENNA® [Prescribing Information]. Titusville, NJ: Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; July 2022.